Victoria von Richthofen | 07/07/2022
TOPseven uses autonomous flying drones to inspect infrastructure. This technology is the only one, worldwide that enables the autonomous close-range drone flight required for this purpose. It is the only solution that enables gapless inspection of even larger infrastructures up to the resolution of a single human hair.
The technology has now been protected by a further patent: The ‘United States Patent and Trademark Office’ granted TOPseven the US patent “Method of determining a path that follows along the path of an object, system, and method for automatically inspecting an object”.
The patent protects the calculation of the flight paths for autonomous flights that follow along with the path of objects as the basis for automated visual inspection of wind turbines or other infrastructures. Furthermore, this patent secures the unique method for contactless lightning protection measurement with drones.
Details of the visual inspection and contactless lightning protection measurement procedure protected by the US patent:
- Optical measurement of the wind turbine by a short referencing flight
– refer to TOPseven patent DE 10 2020 210 618 „Method for the optical acquisition of reference data of an object“
- Calculation and generation of flight routes determine along the path of an object
- Automated flight by drones for visual inspection and lightning protection measurement
– refer to TOPseven patent EP 3 596 570 „Method for determining a path along an object, system, and method for automatic inspection of an object“
Fundamentally, TOPseven was able to secure the exclusive technology for automated and high-precision inspection of wind turbines including contactless lightning protection measurement also for the US market.